b asked in HealthOptical · 10 months ago

I have had four eye tests in the last year alone and each time i get a different result.?

I have had four eye tests in the last year alone and each time i get a different result. My Vision has deteriorated a lot over the last few year and seems to be getting worse. My vision is cloudy without my glasses on and with the glasses on its very hard to focus out of them and everything seems to have a gray double or goes out of focus. do i need to go to the doctors ?

There are so many questions that you need to answer before anyone can give you a meaningful answer:

How old are you?

Do you see well after you get new glasses?

Have any of the eye doctors that you have seen told you about a problem that you have beyond needing new glasses?

What are the four prescriptions that you were given over the last year?

Even then, no matter how much expertise I have, I can't give you a definite answer without seeing you.

An optician or optometrist only measures where your eyes focus, so they can fit you with glasses that counteract the error. But sounds to me like what you really need is an ophthalmologist, a doctor that can examine your eyes for abnormalities and diseases.

I'm diabetic so I'm supposed to see an ophthalmologist every year or two to check for diabetic retinopathy. And for a few years they told me I had 'incipient' cataracts, meaning they didn't obscure my vision just yet. When they got bad enough (and after I got Medicare) I had them fixed. That might be your problem.