boulder in the Mcdonalds drive thru caused damage to my car. Can I sue them for the 1000 for repairs since it happened on private property?

mcdonalds drive thru driving through it a large boulder was in the drive thru and caused damage to my fender of my car. I When I confronted the manager they said " a truck passed it okay earlier, telling me they were already aware of the rock being there and did nothing to move it. I would like to sue them for 1000 which is my deductible so its only 55$ to file. I confronted the manager, and have a photo of the rock in the middle of the drive thru, is it possible to win in court?

YOU ran into someone else's property. You are lucky they aren't suing you for damaging their boulder.

I fail to see how "private property" changes anything. You CAN sue them.

Your burden of proof is going to be difficult. How many people avoided the "boulder" before you hit it?

who was the person driving you so your not going to get payed

you could all ways have the rock put in jail that will fly

Let your insurance decide if it is worth pursuing.

• Maxi

It is possible.............

Sure you can sue. I recommend that you research the concept of contributory negligence.

Yes, it's possible, if you can subpoena the manager and hope he doesn't perjure himself.

How is it their fault that you hit an object that wasn't moving that you could see?

Before you go that expense and time contact the owner of that McDonald's

and explain the situation. Your local tax assessor will have the owner. The incident probably wasn't reported to the owner.

• Ron

Sue away and next time maybe put your phone down and look where you're going