Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 10 months ago

Senior Citizens- Has the good luck outweighed the bad luck in your life so far?

• M P A

I do not use the word luck but will say that although I've had some horrible experiences in my life and have had to deal with some truly dreadful people, I still remember with fondness people who were very kind to me - one in school, several in a workplace - one of them in particular - and many in various churches, especially after I had children.

There are many people I hope I will never have to meet again (one being a close relative) but I now have a very nice circle of friends, in a church, in my new locality and amongst parents of my children and grandchildren.

I have never had what you'll good call luck (such as winning big money etc.) but that doesn't matter because my needs are very simple. All in all I'd say I've had more very good and nice experiences than I've had bad, awful ones but the bad ones are hard to forget. Maybe the reason for that is to warn me of others who might try to harm or swindle me. I'm a cautious person and feel that's a good trait in many ways.

• Billy

You should research malignant narcissism, since you've had to deal with a number of these personalities over the years, I'll post a video from youtube, you'll connect with it almost immediately.

• RP

There is no doubt the good prevails. If it didn't, I wouldn't be here (alive, not on YA).

• Ron

Yes. Without good luck I would have been in the cemetery 60 years ago.

• Janet

Sure has.

Despite all the failure and bad luck, I was born healthy, intelligent, attractive, upper-middle class, white, and in a developed nation. Can't get much luckier than that.

• Billy

...and then the alarm clock went off and it was all a dream 😂

• P.L.

I have been very fortunate in many aspects of my life but have had heartbreak, insincerity and dishonesty but the far better things have outweighed those bad things.

Luck is happen stance.

Although I have noted for the past 40 years, that for whatever reason the Odd Years seem to have the most "bad" things for me.

• Liz

The Bible also cautions against viewing luck as a mystic force that might bestow blessings. In ancient Israel, there were some who lacked faith in God and began “setting a table for the god of Good Luck.”

Such devotion to “the god of Good Luck” was not acceptable to God. He said to them: “You kept doing what was bad in my eyes, and you chose what displeased me.”—Isaiah 65:11, 12.

The Bible admonishes to place confidence and trust in God as the Source of “every good gift and every perfect present.” (James 1:17)

In my nearly 30 yrs of life I've had a

stroke of bad luck from being beatn in my

youth all the way twards bing a broke

adult :(

• Billy

Your dad ?

The good luck is that we are senior citizens...meaning still living.

• Billy

Not true, a very poor quality of life would render that 'prolonged suffering'

Yes, everyday is a bonus.

Source(s): Many pompous years