Rachmaninoff's style?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource to accompany studying Rachmaninoff's music. 1) Not for technique and playing, I'm in love with the way his music sounds and I want to better understand what he does compositionally. 2) I suppose the best scholarly advice would be to look at his music,... show more I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource to accompany studying Rachmaninoff's music.

1) Not for technique and playing, I'm in love with the way his music sounds and I want to better understand what he does compositionally.

2) I suppose the best scholarly advice would be to look at his music, (which I am), but I was wondering if anyone knew of an additional resource to help me along the way.

3) Yes I'm looking on amazon and a couple other places but thought I'd ask here too on the off chance anyone knew something!

Thank you!
Update: *Compositional style, harmony, form, etc.

He's Russian, so I suppose if anyone knows any books regarding romantic russian style as a whole, that's fine too!
1 answer 1