promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how do i bridge a laptop wireless connection to my desktop using both windows 7 on each computer?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • BigE
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I assume one does not have a WIFI adapter.You must have working ethernet between them.

Google ICS or windows internet connection sharing.

Let me say, this might cost more than just buying a wifi adapter or power line adapter.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lv 7
    9 months ago

not a good idea, but you can share it in Network settings.

then it just has to be on the same network, like with a router.

• 9 months ago

The easiest way would be to get a USB wireless adapter for the desktop, and connect to the same wireless network. Then you never need to open up the desktop, don't need to configure much, and won't have to turn on the laptop to use the desktop.

If you really wanted to bridge the two, you could connect an ethernet cable between the two. Both must have an ethernet port, and depending on the age of the computers, you might need a special cable called a crossover cable. You would need to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the laptop.

Even better would be to wire the desktop directly to a port on your router with a long ethernet cable.

• MIKE
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

You connect both computers to the same wifi network, register both with the same workgroup name and all that, and youll be able to transfer files between them.

right click "my computer" choose "properties"

click "advanced system settings" then "computer name"

Click "change" below network id and name the workgroup whatever you want. Now do the same with your other computer/laptop, give it the same workgroup name.

then restart both computers

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.