My friend is 14 and likes to date much much older men. How can I protect her?

I’m turning 20 here soon and yes I know I’ll probably get hate for being friends with her. I guess a more accurate way of describing it is I’m a family friend who is her tutor and somewhat of a babysitter. But she confides in me a lot so I consider it sort of a friend like relationship. She calls me her brother.

Lately I’ve been concerned as the men she’s been dating have either lied about their age and are clearly in their 20’s. And she’s very gullible. Or she actually willingly dated men in their 20’s. It is very concerning as she’s confided in me with how these men are sexual towards her. I’ve so far convinced her (with MUCH effort) that these men are manipulative and pedophiles.

They all have lured and manipulated her emotionally many times. And she doesn’t seem to get it. I think she’s desperate for love more of a parental relationship when she seeks these older men. As her parents are admittedly not the friendliest. And I don’t know how I can get through to her that what she is doing is dangerous.

Even after a guy sexually harassed her over a phone call (as in he started masturbating on call and trying to get her to do the same until she hung up and came to me crying). She’s currently dating someone who I age at probably 25?? How can I protect her before something worse than coercion and uncomfortable conversations occur?

As she is just 14, you should suggest to her about it. But not force her to obey your opinion. you need to advise her politely, so that does not feel any pressure from you. Because at this time one needs proper advise, not to give pressure, which can occur that, she can think you are negative.

first of all... why are you friends with a 14 yo? 

I wanna be the first to say... TROJAN...

Well, if this is true and i doubt it is a all, then report these guys to the local district attorney's office if there has been sex and if you know their names.

And i'm asking myself how a fourteen year old can just go out and date guys in their 20s. Where are her parents?

• Sixion8 months agoReport

Her parents don’t care. Unfortunately. As I said they aren’t exactly the nicest people. I’ve caught her smoking before and when I told her mother I just got a “kids will be kids”

By telling her parents, she has no idea what she is getting herself into.

Ok so you're aware that she's seeing paedophiles?? And you have to come on here to ask what to do?! And please don't try to paint them as anything else if she's 'dating' them (it's not real dating because they're paedophiles). You need, NEED to contact the police. You can stop this child abuse, please do if you're telling the truth.

• Sixion8 months agoReport

Sorry. I should have clarified that this is online behavior. My bad. I wish I could report them. But that’s the thing. I can’t. Because I don’t know who these people are in real life. For all I know they could be in a different country. I know two have.

• edward

Would you still have a problem if she was 20 dating a 30 year old? I’m 25, sex is not the only thing on my mind, don’t paint us all with the same brush, not all of us want sex, sometimes a listening ear of a 14 year old is a lot cheaper than the listening ear of a therapist

• You are right, 20 and 14 are two minors who simply are too far apart to legally be with each other. A 30 year old adult dating a 20 year old who can't even drink with them is beyond creepy. 10 years is bigger than 6 last I checked.

Apparently she's not listening to you. I'd suggest you talk with her parents and make them aware of her situation.

Rape the older men, simple.