how often do i need to wash my dg a jackrussek.?

That would depend on how often you west the wig. If it's a weave you wear daily you should likely wash it once a week. That is of course considering that you are wearing a wig cap with it. If you style a wig with product, and generally take it off every night give it a gentle wash each night. Most of my Cosplay wigs have different rules for each one. Ones with complex styles that I use a lot are given a disinfectant spritz to the inside then set on the wig head to air out. If it's one that can be easily restyled in ten minutes I'll wash the whole thing after a con and style it before it goes back onto the wig head or in its bag. To help with possible odor you can also put dryer sheets into the storage bags, just remember to change these once a year.

Dogs, whether Jack Russells or not, should only be washed when it’s necessary.

That means you should only wash them when they’re genuinely dirty and have been unable to wash themselves by normal tongue-grooming, or when they’re covered with a harmful substance, or if they simply stink more than you find acceptable.

Even then, you should use either pH neutral baby shampoo which also will not sting their eyes (e.g. Johnson’s Baby Shampoo), or special canine shampoo which costs a lot more but can also contain a flea-control medication.

Many dog-owners believe in washing their dogs more frequently, typically once monthly, and even if that is strictly not necessary it does have the advantage of conditioning your dog to accept being washed so that when it genuinely does need doing they will be accept it easily. Dogs washed infrequently often resist due to fear of the unfamiliar process and smells. I find that if I wash them regularly only as puppies they accept it when necessary later on

Frequent bathing of dogs is not recommended nor should human shampoo be used. It can change the dogs' pH and lead to skin problems. Once every couple of weeks is fine. Use a mild shampoo such as baby shampoo or one specifically for dogs.