Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

My boyfriend as a joke yesterday kept swearing at me and as he joke he kept saying he’ll hit me (he never would and never has)?

We’ve had a rough patch lately where we’ve argued and stuff but I know he never would and he wasn’t being serious, does this make our relationship abusive ? Or just a mistake if he doesn’t do it again and can we move past it ?

Dump him he's obviously not joking if he keeps doing it

• LAN

Why do you keep posting these obvious lies over and over?

And why do you keep referring to that tub of Chunky Monkey ice cream as a boyfriend?

It makes your relationship problematic. It matters on dozens of things you never told us. How has he been acting for the last 6-12 months, what are arguments about, does he seem sneaky/guarded? Does he make threats like "If you leave no one would love you" or belittle you - Not those exact quotes but you know what I mean?

It is hard enough to be a women in 2019. Abuse, threats, sterotypes, wag gaps, social expectations and dozens of things. I am no feminist but I work with women who have BPD, C-PTSD;PTSD, BP (Bipolar) and many other things. Its not fair for women. That kind of threat is a red flag. Does he try to manipulate or exploit you in any way or has he ever? Are arguments louder or more frequent?

Often, if he is doing things he should not that type of comment is: Projection, Distraction of Deflection. You can google/yahoo those terms. It depends whats going on....

listenforyou@protonmail.com

• Care411

It is probably ok if that was a first and he never does it again. The problem is it has to eventually start somewhere, does that make sense? There always must be a first time. But if that was the only time, you are ok - he is not abusive.