Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

Why are some people who answer in etiquette so rude and nasty? I ask a simple and sensible question and rude and sarcastic replies?

Should I block them?

I’m never rude to askers!!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

sadly there aren't a whole lot of nice people on this site in general, I agree there are some rude people on here and it makes me feel uncomfortable asking questions on here.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's easy to be abrupt (even rude) when you are sitting behind a computer screen. That said, sarcasm and tone of voice don't carry through in typed messages, so some of the "rude" comments could possibly be misguided responses meant to be offbeat and amusing but fell flat.

• 3 months ago

Yahoo Answers is like a online city. If you can ignore thugs, hooligans, perverts, hippies and other unconventional people. You can ignore e-trolls, meanies, maddies, crankers, gripers, sadists, demeanants, crudes, aloofheads, crassers and pointgamers.

• 3 months ago

not all of them are like that, im not

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Sometimes it's because people ask silly questions that have nothing to do with Etiquette.

Sometimes it's just because they can.

EDIT to add: Don't bother blocking people. It's a waste of energy.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Because some people are just mean.

Because some people are just rude.

Because some people are just blunt which could be taken for meanness or rudeness.

Because some people just don't care.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

This is why we have to have rules of ettiquette.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

A person can live a more loving and virtuous life by reciting the rosary every day with care.

• 3 months ago

I guess the two answers you've been given at the time I'm writing this are excellent examples of what you're describing. All I can tell you is that the world is full of mean-spirited and petty people who achieve a transitory feeling of superiority by demeaning other people. It makes them feel superior. In fact, it just illustrates how inhumane they are. Most people, like most answerers here are kind and good. Don't let the narcissistic idiots prevent you from asking anything you sincerely want an answer to, and the best thing you can do to insult these morons is to ignore them. It implies that their answer isn't worth your consideration.....which it isn't!!

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You are stupid, face it!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.