promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Lady asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 months ago

This is a question for vegan women, please answer.?

Do vegan women still have their period? There is a saying that when you're vegan, your period stops for good, is that true? Thank you.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • lo_mcg
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

No, it’s nonsense.

Pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause are natural causes of periods ceasing (amenorrhea), as are hormone imbalances sometimes. Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition that can cause an absence of periods.

There are lifestyle factors that ca cause amenorrhea. Excessive exercise and too little body fat are examples; veganism is not.

Them’s the facts; I also have my several years experience as a menstruating vegan woman as evidence

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • I still had my period when I was vegan but it wasn’t heavy

• 9 months ago

when your body fat ratio drops below a certain point(happens to anorexics and some athletes) you lose your period and the reason is you don't have enough body fat to support a pregnancy.

Vegans who eat a decent diet and sufficient calories don't have that problem.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No it's not true.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I would not think that is the case. If it was true, that would be a well known birth control method. And it is not.

• 9 months ago

No, you still have your periods.

The only way for your periods to stop is going through the menopause, having an illness or you are malnourished.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.