Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 5 months ago

If I move to a different country after college do I still have to pay off loans?

Yes you have to.

No. That's only if you flee to Switzerland. Something about extradition treaties or something.

• nancy

Loans can be paid from anywhere in the world, so yes, you do. It is more difficult to collect from you if you default, but the debt never goes away. Any U.S. income or assets can be garnished, and if you ever return to the U.S., they'll be waiting for you. But aside from the question of whether you can get away with it, there's the question of ethics. You borrowed the funds from the people of the United States, so you should repay it whether or not you are forced to.

Yes; loans don't disappear.

Generally if you're out of country there's a different loan repayment scheme (as it can't be taken out of wages)

Simply stated, YES.

That's like asking "if I move to a different country, do I still have to take care of my kids?" Your ******* responsibility regardless.

• Lovergal5 months agoReport

Are you triggered by this simple yes or no question? Lol