promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Cory
Lv 5
Cory asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

With all the high profile QB "injuries", is it FINALLY Kaepernick time?

Luck (retired)

Darnold (illness)

Brees (inj)

Roethlisberger (inj)

Foles (inj)

Wentz

Update:

what's "good enough"? Good enough for who? for you or for any of the teams who need a QB?

Update 2:

More lies --- teams have to revamp their offense. What you mean to adopt the RPO that he made famous? Like every team in the league doesn't have that in their playbook.

Update 3:

@David

Umm Kaepernick isn't looking to be hired by you buddy. Also, how was his cause 100% selfish? what EXACTLY has he done for HIMSELF? he gave up millions to fight for the rights of others.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

I believe it is time for Kaepernick. The man was a skilled QB who had a couple tough seasons near the end, but he still has talent. The political stuff brought him down, but that's no reason to shut him out forever. He still has something to offer. So yes, I do believe Kaepernick would be a good pick up for some team right now.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

He hasn’t played in three years. Get over it already!

• Cory
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

Why

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

If it's Kaepernick time,it means one thing only.....downward spiral time !!!!

• 9 months ago

As a lifetime 49ers fan colin was never good ya he had good moments but really never was a good starting qb also fyi he walked away from his contract with san fran thought he was better then he really was so his fault not having a team now glad he left cause we got jimmy much better qb

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • DJC
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

It'll depend on whether or not Kaepernick accepts a deal that a GM would offer him. Most people don't know that Kaepernick has turned down an offer from 2 teams since the 2016 season ended. Not all 32 teams colluded against him or blackballed him. I'm not saying there wasn't collusion. I did hear that Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien wanted to sign Kaepernick, but their late owner rejected O'Brien's request. Many people suspect the previous Texans owner was a racist. However, we have to remember, that after 2016:

-The San Francisco 49ers didn't cut him. He opted out of his contract. (He left; he wasn't kicked out.)

-The Denver Broncos wanted to trade the 49ers for him, but Kaepernick refused.

So, it seems like the story isn't Kaepernick wants to play in the NFL but no one will let him; it's that he wants to play in the NFL on his terms and no one's willing to overpay. He's asking too much. Just like Dez Bryant, if he'll accept a pay cut, I'm sure he'll sign with someone. Because yes, lots of teams are hurting for quarterbacks, even one of Kaepernick's skill level.

Source(s): He left the 49ers, turned down the Broncos https://sports.yahoo.com/john-elway-kaepernick-had...
    • ...Show all comments
    • DJC
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

Should he be picked by someone as a backup? Yes. But he needs to lower his asking price and not expect to be a starter. He's not starter material anymore. You know other players have knelt too, and kneel to this day, but they're still playing, because they're actually good and don't ask too much.

• Truth
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

no. there is a plan for this. it is called backup quarterbacks.

• 9 months ago

No, Cory. He was never that good, and nobody wants that kind of baggage.

• Cory
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

He lead his team to the Super Bowl. That's not true.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I don't think it is, all teams have backups,and CK would have to get in real football shape and learn their playbooks.

• Cory
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

So he would have to be a professional athlete. Didnt Antonio Brown just learn his playbook in a week and play? Thats his job. Also explain how he is not in football shape. Cite your sources.

• 9 months ago

He already settled in his lawsuit against the league, so I doubt anyone will hire him.

Johnny Clipboard has a better shot at a starting gig at this point.

• 9 months ago

Not a chance. He was marginal a few years ago. He's not going to be good enough now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.