John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Should September 11 be made into a national holiday?

In remeberence of the terrorist attacks should schools and businesses be closed for the day?

111 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

NO..........................

• 2 months ago

Not a bad idea, however a moment of silence is a good place to start.

• Spin
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No.....is better to try and have a normal life.

• 2 months ago

It should be just as Dec 7 was made a day to remember.. WE should all also be teaching about it in our schools and making hundreds of movies about it and the war on terrorism and not just a few. Afterall How many movies have been made about ww1, ww2 and Korea and vietnam...

LETS MAKE MORE MOVIES FOR THE WAR THAT HAS LASTED AS LONG AS THE 4 PUT TOGETHER.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why not? Can’t pass up a day off.

• 2 months ago

Sure, but our Federal Calendar is full. We cannot add any more holidays without taking away one. This is why Lincoln and Washington lost their respective holidays and were merged into one holiday, so we could make way for MLK Day. If we were to make it a holiday, I say do away with MLK day. "Last Hired, first Fired", as it goes in the employment world.

• GiGi
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Just wondering who decides how many observed holidays can be in a calendar year? Next, why does congress get August off?

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes...............................

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

...............................Should it?

• Nick
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I think a moment in silence should be in all public schools to mark the occasion.

• John2 months agoReport

We actually did do that when I was in high school and middle school. It was very honorable of the schools

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. Leave it as it as.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.