Should yahoo answers stop users being anonymous.?

A question from an anonymous user a few days ago upset and disgusted me. The content showed clearly that the user was a pedophile I reported it but wondered if that same question would have been asked if the user was not anonymous.

Update:

Thank you to everyone for your input. xx

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim2
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Mostly. I think users should only be able to use the anonymous feature maybe once a month. That would be for embarrassing or personal questions.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

At the very least, switching a question to anonymous should lift the blocks

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

we should be allowed to block someone who is anonymous and they are rude

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I think they should get Rid of the Anonymous Feature Most Users Abuse it Very Few people use it for the Right Reasons

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dirac
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

They could keep anonymous and remove blocking.

• sexy troll
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

are you the same dirac that used to use ramadan section?

• SIR
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yes I think they should remove the anonymous feature. If they've got rid of the category changing feature for level 7 users, then why not also get rid of anonymous?

Using anonymous to "hide" from stalkers wouldn't be needed if the anonymous feature didn't exist in the first place. The only benefit you can have from posting anonymously is to counter those who abuse it. So it would be easier on everyone if they just got rid of it. And all you have to do is set your activity to private. And maybe don't use your real name.

Source(s): I just really would love to see how someone would react, posting an answer to harass someone and only to find they couldn't go anonymous because the feature had just gone! LOL
    • sexy troll
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

They do have to fix that email function for when our answers are flagged some people do get stalked and flagged for no good reason

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No as a lot of people use it because they are being stalked and having their questions and answers reported for no valid reason.

• 10 months ago

thats up to ya, i sometimes have asked questions like if i should call the police on a neighbor for drugs, i dont want the neighbor knowing its me that asked so i make it anonymous, but i dont do that with all my questions

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

It's your own fault if 'Pearl L' is really your name, and if the photo is really of you. Most people have enough sense to post here under nicknames and avatars.

• 10 months ago

I have also had some harsh answers on here. I've been called childish simply because I asked for an opinion and have been called many other things. And many of these have been put up by anonymous users. I agree. However, it doesn't stop people making fake accounts. The only time I think it should be anonymous is if you are asking a question about something personal, however comments shouldn't be made anonymous.

• 10 months ago

Dude you know you can edit your profile to get an email everytime someone answers your question right? I was of the opinion that it was necessary for intimate answers you don't want traced back to you but considering the email option it renders anon useless so long as it works as there was a time this feature didn't work. I say we should at least keep anon for questions

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

You get the emails telling you someone has answered your question, but nobody else knows you're getting those emails.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.