Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 5 months ago

What are the best types of fish for a 10 gallon aquarium? And for the types how many of each would be recommended ?

www.aqadvisor.com/

Deoending on your skill level there are more options than you might think. You could do a really nice betta tank with a small group of shoaling fish such as ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, or harlequin rasboras.

Another option would be to keeo a small group of five or six sparkling gourami or licorice gourami as a species only tank. I have some of these and theyre fabulous with some live plants.

Pea puffers would also do quite well. I would say no more than three with some ramshorn snails or other types that reproduce quickly and provide them with crustaceans theY need to eat.

On the more intermediate side you can do a pair of small kilifish, a pair of scarlet badis, or an invertibrate tank with snails and shrimp. Red cherry shrimp are a beginner species that are stunning.

Stay away from

Any kind of goldfish

Any kind of common pleco/suckerfish/algae eater

These are commonly sold to people but can reach 14 inches and 2ft respectively.

RESEARCH THE NITROGEN CYCLE BEFOREHAND!!

• Nathan

Not many fish can live happily in such a small tank, but there are a select few. If you want to keep guppies then I recommend keeping four at an absolute maximum. They need 2 and a half gallons of water per guppy but extra room is always ideal.

6 harliquin rasbora

with or without a betta, a male betta has about 70% change of getting along with other fish in a ten gallon. A female betta has 80% change. but you always need to watch them carefully and often, and it helps to the betta last. and the percentages that I posted are a guess, based on stories I have read on forums, I have kept bettas with other fish only 2 times.

Without the betta -

8 ember tera

or 3 american flag fish

and some nerite snails

or just 3-5 afican dwarf frogs.

You could do one Beta fish.