promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 8 months ago

studying in a university that is not accredited in the US?

i am currently studying in American University of Madaba, but it is only accredited here in jordan, not the USA. im concerned because i plan to work in the USA after i graduate. is there absolutely NO chance of me getting a job abroad if it is not accredited? and yes i am an american citizen just in case that plays a role

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

All universities that dont offer English classes of course are not accredited by the US. Probably only some universities in UK and Canada that are accredited by the USA.

BUT.... you can opt to work first in the city where the university located. After getting at least 3 years of experience in the field, then you can move to the US. Thats the way it is.....

PS: some cab drivers from Russia and India are doctors but because their degree is not accredited, they cant work as a doctor in the USA. that is a reall sh1tty reality......

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

If it's not accredited in the US, employers may not recognise it.

As a US citizen, you can obviously work there without a visa - but if employers don't recognise your qualifications, it's entirely possible it'll limit your career opportunities.

As to the rest of the world - depends what you're studying, and whether any other countries recognise the university either.

• 8 months ago

Even as a US citizen, trying to return to work in US, attending an unaccredited university is a really bad move as practically any reputable employer will discount that degree, consider it invalid. You're wasting your time & money there.

• Damien
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

hahahaha its called the university of "madaba, wth is madaba? the employer will think its a fake university just by the name.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I imagine you can get a job in the US--but not one requiring that degree, which will not be recognized by employers because the university is not accredited.

IMO, it's imperative that you transfer your credits to one that is, and graduate from there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.