what's a good laptop for around $700-$800?

i'd like one 15 or 17" screen, 1tb HDD, and well enough to play some games like GTA V, Sims 4, and maybe others.

i have a second monitor now, but if possible i would get another one and a docking station so i would connect my laptop to two extra monitors.

so any tips for docking stations would also be welcomed.

do any docking stations have two HDMI outputs? or are they all hdmi / vga or others? would a hdmi converter work well for the second monitor to get hdmi output?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Shadow
    Lv 4
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Acer Nitro 5 series would be a good buy and should last you a few years. Nitros are basically business equivalents of the Predator series with a slimmed down cooling system and slightly lower specs. See below:

AN515-54-54W2

NH.Q5VAA.001

Windows 10 Home

Intel® Core™ i5-9300H processor Quad-core 2.40 GHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 3 GB dedicated memory

15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS

8 GB, DDR4 SDRAM

256 GB SSD

$ 729.99

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

A Dell m 4500 or a Dell m6400 with 8 gigs ram and a solid state hard drive will cost you less than $300 on eBay and they will outperform anything that you can find for seven to eight hundred dollars in a department store! Pay attention to your processor make sure that it's at least to 2.8 gigahertz per channel some of them have up to 3.3 gigahertz. Get yourself a 500 gig solid state drive and 8 gigs or more of ram they support 16 and they have a 1 gig graphics card. That should do just fine for anything that you're going to do we need to do

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.