Do Christians really know God?

Favorite Answer

Each one might have a different perception of God because of being raised in different faiths but that does not mean God doesn't exist. Please just believe because there is more and that is all I can say.

I don't think we can understand His existence

(that he always was and always will be) the trin

Ity, etc. with our finite minds. Very interesting  and thought provoking. I'll be interesting to see what othes have to say.

• Don Verto

You are right on.We who can not see most things in our immediate surroundings  can not possibly understand God.

Please see my comment to Sk8terboy1963

They try to claim their god is a spirit. They surely have never seen him/her/it. They arrive at their childish answers by believing the Roman NT writers.

• Don Verto

You know that most of your immediate surroundings you can not see or observe?
      However all of that exists.

Sadly, most do not have a personal relationship with Him. Their names are simply on a church roll and used when convenient.

• Fireball

WHO WOULD BELIEVE U?? WE DOUBT U POLLED ANYBODY....GUESSING GAMES WONT WORK...GOD KNOWS WHO IS SAVED...WHY BE A DOWNER??

No one has ever met him.

• Don Verto

How can you see an invisible immaterial Spirit being who is everywhere and even in your house?

These scriptures come to mind that can help me to answer this question:

My brother referred to these words of Jesus:

John 17:3

3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Coming to know our Creator, who is Jesus' God and Father, and Jesus Christ himself, is necessary because this is how we get everlasting life.

But the Israelites of Moses' day knew that their God is a living God, but they were not willing to pattern their lives according to that knowledge. So an indication that we have a knowledge of God that leads to everlasting life is the way that we live our lives.

These verses also indicate that there is a limit to which humans can know or understand Jehovah:

Job 37:5,23

5 God thunders with his voice in a wonderful way;

He does great things that are beyond our understanding.

23 Understanding the Almighty is beyond our reach;

He is great in power,

And he never violates his justice and abundant righteousness.

Ecclesiastes 3:11

11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

Isaiah 55:8, 9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

And your ways are not my ways,” declares Jehovah.

9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So my ways are higher than your ways

And my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Corinthians 2:16

16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

(See also Romans 11:34, where Paul quotes Isaiah 40:13 a second time)

So, another way is by getting to know “the mind of Christ,” who is “the image of the invisible God.” (Col. 1:15) Jesus' example is one that we need to follow in thinking and actions.

We can also draw closer to Jehovah by showing regard for and paying attention to his activities as recorded in his Word, the Bible. By taking time to study Bible accounts and to meditate on them, we can begin to understand Jehovah’s qualities and his way of thinking.

Source(s): New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition) https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010761?q=1+Co...
    • Roberta B

No, Chaillot, the truth is in the Bible. Quoting it is not spam, any more than quoting the words of an expert who knows his subject. That happens all the time on websites. These are the words inspired by God himself, who teaches us how to benefit ourselves.

Please actually DEMONSTRATE that a god exists, THEN we can have a conversation about it. It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true.

if they did they would truly know the Bible, not their version of it

• The Darrener

of course the bible has to do with god, he is the antagonist, it is the ONLY place he exists

• Dr. D

No two Christians believe the same thing. So they cannot claim to really know God. However, Jesus is probably the best religious leader in history, so Christians probably have the best shot at knowing something about God.

• I'm going with Norine on this one. So what's a good church to go to Norine?

Yes and I love him more than my own mom tbh

• The Darrener

you can, plenty of young girls love their teen idol singers/youtuber/ticktockers I, myself, have been in love with fictional characters on tv