Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 11 months ago

Can regular cycling aid insomnia?

If your riding though the woods...100% yes, fresh air combined with fitness. This should allow you to take your mind elsewhere while combating sleep issues, resulting in more relaxation.

I find it much easier to sleep if I seriously physically tax myself that day.  If your idea of cycling is driving your legs to failure then yes, I think it would work.  Your body needs to make repairs and tries to get you to sleep.

• and kill you..............

road traffic very dangerous

Don't know about you, but I'd rather cure insomnia than aid it. Why would you want to help, assist, or support insomnia?

It releases endorphins which relieves stress and that might help you sleep but I suffer from chronic insomnia anyway and I use cycling to heighten my mood if I'm suffering from the effects of sleep deprivation.

People can suffer from insomnia for various reasons. Therefore treatments do vary from person to person. To the best of my knowledge none of the regular contributors in the Cycling section are medical sleep specialist doctors. Get your primary care physician to refer you to a sleep specialist. They'll be better able to advise you as to what treatments will work best for you.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder and Builder.
  • pmt853

I think that most people find that exercise and fresh air help them sleep better.

Yes, the fresh air and cardio of biking are both very helpful to aid insomnia