Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 10 months ago

Does 2 ethernet cables will be balanced?

So my internet speed is 240mb per second and my brother uses old cable and I will use strong cable 10gb p/s does this make my cable take all the internet from the other faster?

Not at all. Your "strong" cable won't affect his "old" cable or speed at all. If you're both using the network at the same time, then your speeds will be shared among devices. Sometimes evenly, and most commonly: unevenly.

Most routers have a QOS (Quality of Service) section where you can prioritize certain traffic over others.

• BigE

The ports have rated standards. You need the cable meets those standards but a faster cable makes no difference.

Most home switches and pc cards are 1gb, so that is a cat 5e cable. A cat 6 cable will go no faster. Once you go to 10g, and that means all devices (switch, your pc, etc) then the standard is cat 6.

Hooking up two devices will not appreciably slow your internet speed to either device, unless both are streaming heavy content. But I've seen connections where 5 devices were all hooked to the same home router and had no trouble. You should be good.

no....

the connection speed to your computer is only as fast as the slowest part.

so if your slowest part to your computer is 100mbps you will never go above that

even if you are 10gbps compatible there are no home routers that support that.