Is soya milk good for a diebetic patient?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The Diabetes Food Pyramid recommends 2 to 3 servings a day of low-fat milk. For those who avoid dairy, soymilk is an excellent option for people with diabetes that need a lower calorie source of calcium and other important nutrients.

Nutrition scientists have identified the molecular pathway that allows foods rich in soy bioactive compounds called isoflavones to lower diabetes and heart disease risk. Eating soy foods has been shown to lower cholesterol, decrease blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance in people with diabetes

• 5 months ago

Ordinary milk contans between 2 and 5 times the amount of carbs as soya milk - if the soya milk is unsweetened then it will be at the lower end of that range but I prefer to stick to semi skimmed milk as the soya doesn't taste very good.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Read the label for soya milk.

Then read the label for regular milk.

Look at carbohydrates and sugar content.

For diabetes, controlling sugar levels is about making choices that have low carbohydrates and low sugar content. So, which ever one is lower, that is the better choice.

• 5 months ago

i would ask your doctor about it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Better off with just real milk. Trust me milk isn't the reason you got diabetes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.