Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 months ago

What are some good small business ideas?

Hi guys,

I'm 23 years old with savings of £25,000. I don't really just want this money sat in the bank doing nothing so I'm trying to think of different small business ideas.

I'd love some ideas just for inspiration.

Thanks!

• Pam

The inspiration has to come from YOU. What do you do well that you can do as a business? Identify a need and then start a business that fills that need.

What skills do you have??

• Jay

Well, if you put it in a savings account that earns interest then it wouldn't just be doing nothing.

Visit the Your Harmonic Resonance site and read some business ideas there.

DO NOT INVEST IN MULTI LEVEL MARKETING.

• Will

If you lived in the USA, I would have STRONGLY recommended you place that money in a retirement account for your future, but since you live in England (I think. I recognize the symbol but forget where it's used), I don't know if money for retirement is that big of an issue.

If you want to start a small business, obviously do something that is relevant to you. Do you like working on cars? Do you like arts&crafts and have made stained glass before? Do you like dogs and can picture yourself dogsitting which could turn into a kennel business? I don't know what you like, but you do. It will be pointless to start a business that you don't enjoy because that lack of enthusiasm or interest can result in poor choices that can hurt the business.

You can start a male brothel and sell sex.

i heard you can make good money in sales

• Maxi

That depends on your situation, education and skills....... first go and speak to your bank as putting £25k in a savings account is beyond stupid when there are better investments with higher interest returns, even tax free savings like ISAs