I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. Experts, please help me?

I can connect to LAN, but not the intenet. I have Ethernet cable, but not WiFi. Is this a possible cable problem, Router problem, or motherboard/adapter problem?

I have followed every single troubleshooting guide and ran Win10 troubleshooter

this was during and shortly after reinstalling Win10.

this was also shorty after I switched from ADSL to Fibre. I know the internet works fine, because out of the 5 people using the internet in my house(all of them have a similar network setup to me, I'm the only one who's experiencing trouble.

Edit 2: I am running a custom built (albeit old) PC

In your response to George, you said it an intermittent problem. This points to a problem with the Ethernet adapter or cable. First, try switching your current cable from one port on the router to another. If this does not fix the issue, it could be the cable, buy or borrow one and see if this is the issue. If a new/different cable does not fix the issue, the next step is to uninstall and reinstall your Ethernet adapter. Download the newest driver from the manufacturer's website before you uninstall the old driver. Also note, this Ethernet adapter may NOT have a driver available for Windows 10. This may also be the issue.

• Lv 7

yes to all.

try a new cable first.

then try another computer. if you don't have one, ask a close friend to try theirs. even laptops have wired option.

if everything else yields same results, itxs the router.

• BigE

You need the drivers for your PC. The WIndows drivers are not for all boards, the generic ones are not tuned or don't work. You should (before the upgrade) collect all your drivers, and stored them on your computer before the upgrade.

Now you will have to download them via some other pc, put them on usb and transfer and install them.

• George

Some computers have a physical switch to turn internet on or off, a recent second hand HP laptop I got has that (annoying) facility.

• David9 months agoReport

internet works, mostly, but goes off *sometimes*, for no obvious reason. as stated in last update, I am running a desktop PC

Did you pay your bill?