Betul asked in HealthOptical · 5 months ago

Can an eye exam for glasses show symptons for blindness?

I need a new glasses eye exam bc I need a new prescription but I’ve also been having pain in one of my eyes. Could I kill two birds with one stone or do I need a separate eye exam?

• Marvin

Sometimes, but certainly not always. The optometrist could not understand why I was loosing my eyesight.

After I walked into a glass door, I decided to see a real eye doctor. Sure enough I had cataracts in the very back of my lenses (the part behind my pupil).

• Tavy

Yes they show any defects in the eye.

• Murzy

Get examined once a year.

An eye exam is conducted to see if you are losing your sight, going blind. Tell the optometrist about he pain during the exam and go from there. SHEESH!!

• God

If you go to an Ophthalmologist they will do an examination for glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration in addition to determining if you need glasses or not.