Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 3 months ago

Is it wrong if i walk around my garden in a low cut top?

My neighbours can look into my garden and wear muslim attire such as hijabs so i feel very paranoid that they must be judging me if i wear a low cut revealing top. im a single woman living on my own and my neighbours are families.

• Hannah
    Favorite Answer

I always wear a low cut top. I don't care what other people think. Just as long as it's not showing too much.

• Hannah

But people are always going to judge one way or another.

If you're in your own garden, wear what you want, as long as it's not revealing too much. How you dress is your choice.

No. Because it’s your garden

Please feel free to walk around MY garden!

ANY time.

• Sharon

wear what you want on your property. If neighbours object, they can look away or speak to you

• Jerry

Do you think that your hijab wearing neighbors are much concerned about whether or not you approve of them wearing those hijabs? If it was people who religiously disapproved of wearing make up, wearing jewelry, would you stop wearing make up, jewelry out of concern for what they'd think? My thought is that your Muslim neighbors already know they're surrounded non-Muslim people, people who eat non-halal foods, who aren't ritually clean, who are just fine with very different standards modesty. I wouldn't go to their homes in garb they'd find offensive just like I wouldn't offer them ham sandwiches. But in my own home I wouldn't be considering whether my choice of dress, choice of food would meet their approval.

• nalla

get your t-i-t-s out and really give them something to think about----bit of luck they may go back where they came from

It's not wrong. If they don't like it, they don't have to look at you.

No, it is not wrong to do what you describe. It's your property, and you can do more or less what you please on it. However, most people would think that it was wrong if you could be seen in your garden when you were completely naked. There are limits to what you can do in your garden, but, as long as you are decently dressed, I don't see that your Muslim neighbours could possibly object. Things might be different if you were in their country, because you would be expected to observe their standards, but you aren't and you don't.

It might not be a very neighborly thing to do