promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 9 months ago

Can a flat screen TV get a virus when connecting the memory block with hdmi cable and using it as a desktop monitor?

Im not sure if a computer screen or a flat screen TV as a monitor could get a virus when using them as a desktop all i know is that the desktop memory block is the only one that gets infected with viruses and malware

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Any computer can be infected since a virus is just a program that when ran, gives unwanted results. Smart tv's have a computer inside, dumb tv's don't.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Yeah I don't know what a "memory block" is. You're not referring to your PC as a "memory block" are you?

But anyways, there's really no way to infect a "dumb" TV since most (if not all) malware for TVs are for smart TVs.

• ...Show all comments
    • 8 months agoReport

Pc is a laptop i was talking about the desktop memory tower console you know the one where you plug in the hdmi or av cables to the monitor screen the old desktop computers

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Smart TV's can be infected. What is memory block?? Not a computer term I have seen before.

Desktop Computers and Laptop Computers can be infected. so can your Smart Phone and Tablets.

Smart TV's have computer components and connect to the internet, so they can also be infected as I said before.

• 9 months agoReport

The memory block is the power console that stores all the important files and documents etc plus i don't have a smart tv just a regular flat screen TV and smart TVs have the Netflix HBO Hulu and more apps mine does not have those apps because I don't have one of those

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.