Does having a danish passport mean that I have danish citizenship?

Im half danish and born outside denmark, however i have visited denmark for vacation sometimes. my father is full danish and my mother is foreign, i have a danish passport so does that mean i automatically have danish citizenship?

• 1 year ago

Passports are issued to citizens.

So yes.

• Zirp
    1 year ago

Getting invited to participate in Danish national elections means you are a citizen.

If you are under 18, and your passport says "nationality:Danish", you are just a national

• 1 year ago

It's the other way around. First you're a citizen, then you get the passport. Your father must have applied for it for you.

1 year ago

usually passports are only issued to citizens of that country, not sure if Denmark has special exceptions though

A quick investigation does not look like Denmark has any exceptions for receiving a passport, which is usually the case, most countries will only issue passports to citizens, so it looks like you are a citizen of Denmark, which also makes you a citizen of the EU