Husband has diabetes for 6 years eats candy all day long. What is going on with him?

I am diabetic and eat regular candy everyday. Hershey’s dark chocolate. I take 1/4 of the bar after lunch and 1/4 after dinner. It’s about 6 carbs., which as many people know carbs. turns to sugar anyway. Look at the carbs on SF candy, very similar and cause gas and can cause diarrhea. I started with a A1c @11.2 over 20 years ago. I’m am now and have been running 6.1 lately to 6.8. If I were a vegan, or didn’t enjoy New Orleans cuisine I could probably be off the meds completely. That’s not who I am.

Here is the solution of his problem. Please see the link to solve this problem. .

https://7ecbbnb8p4r-6t82tcp8zrike1.hop.clickbank.n...

Ask him to eat sugar free candy, if available.

Over time, people who have diabetes and high blood sugar can develop serious or life-threatening complications, including heart disease, stroke, kidney problems, nerve damage, and eye problems. Taking medication(s), making lifestyle changes (e.g., diet, exercise, quitting smoking), and regularly checking your blood sugar may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. This therapy may also decrease your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes-related complications such as kidney failure, nerve damage (numb, cold legs or feet; decreased sexual ability in men and women), eye problems, including changes or loss of vision, or gum disease. Your doctor and other healthcare providers will talk to you about the best way to manage your diabetes.

• Cammie

Ask him .Have you seen the results of his HA1c ? I doubt it.

• Rosemary B

He hides everything from me and gets angry when I try to talk to him. I used to cook healthy meals for him and he would fill the food full of season salt. Has hbp, gout, high cholesterol. Eats junk.

He knows the internal damage it is doing to his body, kidneys, liver and heart and circulation and eyesight shortening his life and needs to change diet before it is too late. I am type 2 and get cravings for candy but not every day. The most common problem is circulation to legs and then amputation required.

Hello! I used to be pre-diabetic. I am still overweight of course. However, if he is not willing to change it's most likely because he hasn't gotten any serious implications yet! I don't eat sugar or drink it for the most part. I do get cravings for candies and such and usually i'll go to the store and buy those sliced apple dippers the dipping sauce is caramel after i eat one of these i don't ever crave candy for 2 weeks or so. If he wants something sweet there are many fruits that have it. Please try to change his habits before he starts having serious health issues. He's already got diabetes. If he is eating candy all day, don't let him eat foods that have sugar in it like rice and bread OR drinks with sugar otherwise he's done for after that.

• Rosemary B

Thank you for your response. He gets angry when I say something so for years I say nothing. He eats candy, sodas, chips all day. He wouldn't eat a piece of fruit if it was going to save his life. His PSA numbers have been high was suppose to get biopsy for cancer on 9/9/19 and he didn't even go.

• Andy C

Diabetes II is not really diabetes at all. It is a metabolic disorder brought on by the chronic consumption of alcohol, trans fats, corn-fed animal products and/or fructose (in sugars and flour).

Too much of the above are the most common causes of the medical condition that causes diabetes II and heart disease: metabolic syndrome.

Candy is mostly sucrose, which is half fructose and thusly poisons the liver and furthers the metabolic syndrome AKA things that aren't necessarily apparent are getting much worse.

Like death worse.

Other symptoms of metabolic syndrome include obesity, acne, IBS, sensitive skin, poor immune health, hypothyroidism, hypertension, cardiac infarction, anxiety, depression and addiction.

If you see some of these in you and others, it's bc you're sick, too. His pancreas gave first. For you, it could be IBS or acne. Definitely most people get fat (separate mechanism).

In short, your husband is doing the equivalent of drinking himself to death.

Source(s): This isn't opinion and likely very difficult to swallow, but while diabetes II cannot be reversed like obesity can, it can certainly be prevented (same thing for most heart disease). "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D. "Sugar: the Bitter Truth " on YouTube In 2012 I obliterated my liver with alcohol and fructose. 1 in 3 billion are the odds of my recovery due to complications. Add the odds that my wife would be a doctor and have access to this very new science. It's not the lottery, but to me, it's better;)
    • Andy C

Hey, I forgot to mention that doing this dietary change will likely result in little to no metformin.

• Shay

It sounds like he is not concerned with using diet changes to manage his diabetes.

Not changing how he eats increases the complications that might happen because of having diabetes.

Diabetes can sometimes cause hunger but it doesn't really cause a deliberate craving of candy.

He will die soon.

He wants to speak with the manager-male version of Karen.

• micksmixxx

@Rosemary B. It means that the Anonymous coward, that's too afraid to reveal his/her name for fear of being ridiculed, is an absolute moron.