Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationAmusement Parks · 6 months ago

Riding roller coaster pregnant?

I just found out that one of my favorite coasters is going to be decommissioned after this year. I would live to ride it a few more times but I am 28 weeks pregnant. Is their any way I can safely ride a rollercoaster while pregnant?

With all the risks with pregnancy, why would you add to them by riding a coaster? What if there are birth defects with your child? You know what you'll do for the rest of your life? You'll wonder if going on that roller coaster you went on was worth what you did to your unborn child. Don't do it. You're pregnant it's against the rules and regulations for a reason.

• TBK

No, there isnt.

I'm going to say no. Ask your doctor but the amusement park is likely not going to allow you even if your doctor said it was okay. Because if something happens, you'll be suing them.

• MS

Assuming this is a major coaster and not some kiddie ride, then no - you cannot safely ride it. You can and should verify with your doctor but I imagine they will tell you the same. And if you're noticeably pregnant, the ride operators may not even let you on.