What do you think my Dog has ?

He is panting heavily a lot, he can barely stand at all, and he is reluctant to eat/drink , I went to the vet and they can’t figure it out, also he favors leaning to the left side of his body

Take the poor dog to a vet

Go to a different vet, a vet who can't figure out what's wrong with a dog is incompetent. My vet would want to try different treatments until he could properly "figure out" what was wrong.

he probably had a stroke bud

• Ocimom

If you really took the dog to a vet, you need another vet. Either get the dog to a real vet now, or surrender the dog and have him put down humanely.

"What do you think my Dog has ?"

A clueless vet.

• Grinch

What do I think your dog has? An incompetent or indifferent vet.

Panting can be due to overheating, exertion, illness, anxiety, pain ... not wanting or able to stand, eat, or drink indicates that the dog feels very ill. Leaning to one side does suggest a balance problem. As others have mentioned, could be vestibular disease, or it could be something as easy-fix as an ear infection (which can make a dog go off-balance and make him feel pretty darn sick, too). It could also be something as serious and scary as a malignant brain tumor. Sorry, didn't mean to frighten you, and I sure hope it's nothing like that, but some dogs do develop cancer and it can be managed if not cured.

Did your vet do ANY testing? I find it hard to believe that a vet would just send him home with a cheery

'Hope he feels better' and no diagnosis or treatment plan. If your vet really did that, I think you need to find another vet who will listen to your concerns and take into account all the symptoms you've observed. I'm not a vet, but from your description I am very concerned that your dog feels unwell and isn't getting the treatment he needs to feel -- and get -- better.

• Hannah

Go to another vet, get a second opinion.

ask your vet dude don't ask this here !!

Only a Vet can diagnose a medical issue on a dog. There are no Vets on Yahoo Answers Dog.

If you Vet just dismissed you without doing some tests to FIND the cause, then you need to find another Vet that will do his job. You may have found one of the new age Vets that have a way of making you come back & come back & come back, getting more & more of your money. You need a find a Vet that doesn't play these games.

Don't let your dog suffer, get him in to see another Vet that will do some tests to find out why your dog is in this condition. Once a Vet finds the cause of this, then he can treat it. Dogs need to be examined to come up with a diagnosis & with a diagnosis the Vet can provide treatment.

You need a competent Vet.

• Casey

It's the same in veterinary medicine. It's simply possible they need to see a specialist and go to a larger hospital that as the equipment to do more advanced diagnostics.

If a vet cannot figure it out then they do far more testing until they do know. No vet would send a dog away like this.

Panting is a sign of great pain

• Lorraine

https://dogtime.com/dog-health/dog-behavior/22203-how-to-tell-if-my-dog-is-in-pain-and-what-to-do-to-help