Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Do you bleed a lot after having dental surgery ?

My dentist told me I need two teeth in the back surgically cut out and removed . How much blood is lost after that? One of my worst fears is bleeding to death , so I just need some answers to help me calm down before I go .

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Most probably the sockets will be stitched, so no bleeding.

• 3 weeks ago

I had a full upper denture at 22 curtesy of the USN.   85 now and never a probLem.

• 2 months ago

You aren't going to bleed to death after oral surgery.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I increased my vit-C-complex to 12 grams a day ans increased the health of my gums, just sayin......

• k w
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

never did feel the slightest amount of pain or soreness at all, it was quite a change from the normal dentist....I'll never forget the associated pain that comes with a standard root canal, the soreness , tenderness and the pain killers too......no thankyou, those days are over......

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dont worry about that, this is something that is done all the time. Its not like this is some new unproven thing, its pretty standard.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you will not bleed to death from that

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Unless you're on blood thinners or you're a hemophiliac, you shouldn't have to worry about bleeding to death. (Don't take any aspirin or ibuprofen before they're removed). If you do as the doctor says, it should clot just fine, and after a few days starting to heal. Good luck.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

there will probably be some. but it will be contained. you'll be fine. even if you've been to this dentist before, it doesn't hurt (no pun intended) to see another dentist and get a second opinion. as long as they are in your insurance, any fees should be very similar.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.