why cant I sign in to amazon with out first getting acode number?

• Shadow

Probably due to the security settings on your account. Two Factor authentication...

• Lv 7

you set your account up that way.

check your settings to change it.

and next time, don't just click "OK" without reading...

security reasons. amazon and osme others do this when something in your signon or location has changed

It seems to be done when you rarely use your account. It never happens for me but my sister had it the last 2 times she ordered something.

• Rick

Go into your Windows menu & turn the AUTOFILL setting ON .............................

It’s to improve security. It stops anyone else who knows your account and password from signing in to your account.

If you don’t like it then you can deactivate it: look for the bit on the code entry screen which says “deactivate two-factor authentication for this device”. You should only choose that if the device you use to access Amazon is cannot ever be used by anyone other than you.