Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 year ago

Would it be seriously weird if, when we get married, I wear a wedding dress but Laura has a fitted man's style suit?

I really would like to wear a dress for my wedding but Laura isn't keen on one. She has said she would quite like to have a suit in which to get married instead. We are getting hitched next week but are having a 2nd ceremony in the UK in November - she would want the suit for then.

1 year ago

Wear whatever you both like. Plenty of women wear suits for their weddings...and plenty of Scottish men wear skirts ;-)

• Are you a man or a woman? That would depend on my answer.

• 1 year ago

That would be awesome. Some people would think it’s weird — but I’m assuming they’re not invited.

• Trish
    1 year ago

I think its a bad idea and I wouldnt want my family... Children to see it.

• 1 year ago

It's your wedding; you can wear whatever you want.

Just be aware that you get ONE wedding. The UK one won't be a wedding, as you'll already be married.

• 1 year ago

The couple can decide what they wear.

• 1 year ago

You will do what you will, but a wedding is a ceremony usually taken seriously by the bride and groom, the bride's maids and the groomsmen and the families of the couple. I guess I could just be an old fogey, but some of the people you love very much might think the cross dressing would be inappropriate. Think of them too.

• God
    1 year ago

It's yours and Laura's day. Wear whatever you two want. Congratulations!

• 1 year ago

Nope, not weird at all, go with what feels right. It will be your day.

• Alex
    1 year ago

Not really. I've seen it many times.

Remember that a wedding if for the both of you and that you both need to do what makes the two of you happy.

If she wants to wear a suit and is fine with you wearing a dress...Do what's comfy and enjoy your day.