promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 9 months ago

how much lemon is bad for you?

ive been drinking lemon water a lot the past two days, and was wondering how much is bad for me. I've only been using about 3 quarters of a lemon, and I don't think thats too much, but I read that too much lemon acids can be dangerous. Is 3 quarters of a lemon too much?

Update:

btw, I meant 3 quarters of a lemon per day, not per drink.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

why?? at all not bad ,,,so useful

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Adding a lemon wedge to your water can help shake up the dull beverage and help you reach your recommended 10 to 15 cups of water a day.

Lemon water is touted by experts and celebrities for its long list of benefits including preventing dehydration, assisting with digestion, and supporting weight loss.

But, like most things in life, you can have too much of a good thing.

Here are six dangerous things that can occur when you drink too much lemon water. Keep in mind most of these would take quite a bit of lemon juice before becoming a problem.

• 9 months ago

Lemon is not bad for you. If youre getting a stomach ache, eat less or dilute the acid more.

Rinse your mouth with water to protect your teeth from excess acid. Lemons are a fruit - there are countless benefits to eating fruit.

• 9 months ago

It’s being diluted so it’s prob ok, though everyone reacts differently. You may develop indigestion bc of the acid and will need to dial back on the amount used.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

What benefit do you think it is doing? It is very acidic, I know of no benefits.

• Jo
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

any lemon is bad for you, lol

• paul
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

in a 16 oz bottle or a gal ?

• 9 months ago

Lemon juice contains a wide range of health benefits, squeezing too much in your water can cause dangerous side effects to your health including worsening ulcers and developing GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disorder),

It can damage your teeth.

It can upset your stomach.

You may worsen canker sores.

and, may trigger migraines.

• Shrdug9 months agoReport

None of those are 'dangerous side effects' to your health. Nothing listed there is exclusive to lemons. Wash all your fruit, use common sense eating acidic food. ******* idiot. This is why i make $250k a year, and you probabky make 10k. Go ******* read and learn something.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.