Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 8 months ago

Has anyone ever ordered couches off of Amazon?

How was the process?

I am trying to figure something out. Im on disability and my couch is falling apart. It was a free couch so I understand that, but now I have a metal chunk that comes out of the back and slices me up

I cant afford a couch, and I am paying off an air conditioner. I would need to save.

My other thought is to get two futons and covers so my living room doesnt look trashy but I have no clue.

Right but I am worried about the couch coming with bedbugs or fleas, so second hand wouldnt be best

if you can't afford a couch, you can't afford one off amazon.

you can live without a couch until you can save some money.

amazon might be safer than a regular furniture store, most regular furniture stores pick up old furniture as they deliver...and that can introduce bed bugs into the truck..and onto your furniture...I heard of that happening to someone....

Jennifer furniture if you have one in your area delivers, but doesn't pick up old furniture.

i havent lmao but if its actually good imma try

I understand your desire not to have a second hand couch due to concerns of bed bugs and fleas, never mind smells. However, if you get the word out to friends, family and perhaps your church, maybe you will luck out and get a good replacement couch.

I bought two love seats from Overstock.com. It was a shot in the dark because you cannot test seating when buying on-line. My two love seats arrived in four boxes. They have this wonderful hardware on them that allows you to slip each section into a bracket and they are quite sturdy. I read all the reviews and everyone said they were comfortable for seating but not laying down. Which was good because this is a conversation pit I was designing, not movie night or sleep overs.

So, read reviews carefully if you are buying on-line.

Check with a local furniture store. People buy a new couch and the old one they have becomes a disposal problem. The store typically hauls it off of disposal. If you ask them, they would probably be happy to haul it to your place for a few bucks. But I would not ask them to take your old broken sofa. That is on you.

No reason you cannot get a used one dirt cheap. Look on craigslist. If you get it from a well to do home it wont have bugs.

Simply re-arrange the metal chunk so that it doesn't slice you up so much. Or just keep it there, grin, and bear it. But I have no clue.

Many times I go to yard sales or garage sales and couches are being sold for cheap. That is the way to go.

I have not, but you should