promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 months ago

I’m confused about my vitamin D prescription, quick question!?

My vitamin d is low so I got prescribed 50,000 iu D once a week and 2000 iu D daily... but I’m confused, should I actually still take 2000 iu also on days I take the 50,000 iu D pill?????....

8 Answers

Relevance
  • falcon
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

No need to be confused just take as prescribed you D level is low

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Layne
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

I didn't know that Vitamin-D prescription. Is it even effective? I will contact my doctor.

• Jon
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Yes! This is standard dosing for patients who have low vitamin d levels.

50,000 international units of vitamin d once weekly combined with 2,000 international units once daily will raise your levels of vitamin d to the normal range. And yes take the 2,000 i.u dose on the day you take the 50,000 i.u dose.

Source(s): Doctorate degree in pharmacy
    • ...Show all comments
    • Jon
      Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

Vitamin K2 is a form of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is actually a group of compounds. The most important of these compounds is Vitamin K1 and K2.
      You dont even know that Vitamin K refers to a group of compounds, there is no such thing as just Vitamin K.
      You better educate yourself before commenting

• 9 months ago

50000 i.u. is OK but DAILY! for 30 days. You need 1mg vitamin K2 and 1gram magnesium daily in addition. Your doctor is not a nutritionist.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Likely not but if you did, you'd get 52,000 units, really an insignificant increase than if you took just 50,000 units.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

yes , also take some calcium supplements

• 9 months ago

I think you're pretty well covered on that one day...

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No absolutely not there is a special kind of vitamin d that's 50,000 mg and you take it like once a week. You need to call your doctor and ask what he wants you to do it's likely take the 50,000 mg tablet once a week and then when it runs out use the 2,000 mg. Ever so often

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.