Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 months ago

I’m confused about my vitamin D prescription, quick question!?

My vitamin d is low so I got prescribed 50,000 iu D once a week and 2000 iu D daily... but I’m confused, should I actually still take 2000 iu also on days I take the 50,000 iu D pill?????....

• falcon

No need to be confused just take as prescribed you D level is low

• Layne

I didn't know that Vitamin-D prescription. Is it even effective? I will contact my doctor.

• Jon

Yes! This is standard dosing for patients who have low vitamin d levels.

50,000 international units of vitamin d once weekly combined with 2,000 international units once daily will raise your levels of vitamin d to the normal range. And yes take the 2,000 i.u dose on the day you take the 50,000 i.u dose.

Source(s): Doctorate degree in pharmacy
    • Jon

Vitamin K2 is a form of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is actually a group of compounds. The most important of these compounds is Vitamin K1 and K2.
      You dont even know that Vitamin K refers to a group of compounds, there is no such thing as just Vitamin K.
      You better educate yourself before commenting

50000 i.u. is OK but DAILY! for 30 days. You need 1mg vitamin K2 and 1gram magnesium daily in addition. Your doctor is not a nutritionist.

Likely not but if you did, you'd get 52,000 units, really an insignificant increase than if you took just 50,000 units.

yes , also take some calcium supplements

I think you're pretty well covered on that one day...

No absolutely not there is a special kind of vitamin d that's 50,000 mg and you take it like once a week. You need to call your doctor and ask what he wants you to do it's likely take the 50,000 mg tablet once a week and then when it runs out use the 2,000 mg. Ever so often