Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 2 months ago

do motorcycles use more gas than cars?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

Depends on the Bike my Triumph did 100 miles to the Gallon but it was a 200cc Cub

My 350 cc 1953 Ariel only did 80 miles to a gallon

2005 Honda Unicorn 150 129 MPG

• don r
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Usually they use a lot less fuel than cars. Power to weight is a big factor.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

NO!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• DanRSN
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I get about 22 miles to a litre, a mixture of high speed and tootling through towna

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Maybe. My Kawasaki Police 1000 got 35 MPG which is about the same as my Honda Fit Base car. All my other motorcycles got better mileage than that.

• 2 months ago

• 2 months ago

A really big motorcycle may use more gas than a small car, but generally most any car will use more gas than most any motorcycle.

If 5 or 6 people want to go some where , you can almost bet that if they pile into a car or mini-van, they will use less gas than if they take 5 or 6 motorcycles

• Anon2 months agoReport

And, if they pile into 5 different cars,will use a Lot More.What IS your Point?

• 2 months ago

Most use a lot less. My Honda 90 got 75 MPG. The VStar 650, 60 MPG. My Harley gets 30-47. My Toyota Tercel has gotten 50 MPG. with two passengers. Those big LS1 engined trikes and choppers probably get 18 MPG. .

• P & W2 months agoReport

Dstell: Many Diesel cars and 3 cylinders and hybrids get up to 100 MPG or More. There are Many of them, not "few". Many Harleys only get 30 MPG. About /2 the bikes in my state are Harleys. There are 2 Harley dealers in my city. One Honda dealer. 3 independents that sell all makes, used.

• D J
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, in fact they use much less. Motorcycles often get 50 to 60 miles per gallon.

• Anon2 months agoReport

Some V8 powered bikes and trikes get about 18 MPG.

• 2 months ago

BASICLY No. My 1000 cc bike can get 50+ MPG.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.