How do I understand computer programming?

Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I have no idea how to use PyCharm. It makes no sense and I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know the codes, thus meaning I cannot process everything I am being taught. Should I purchase a PyCharm book online to help me understand the program? Any suggestions?

Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I don't really know how to use PyCharm. I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know hoe to do anything. I am starting to freak out and I wish I knew how to do things. My grade is plummeting because of all of this. Should I purchase a PyCharm book online to help me understand the program? Any suggestions?

You can go to YouTube and search for "pycharm" where plenty of tutorials pop up. While I watched 10 minutes of one and it seemed relatively simple, I have the advantage of using many text type editors so it may seem easy due to my experience. The link I watched is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bPIGf4us0

Youtube thumbnail

and I hope it may be easy for you to understand. I can only say that I have been in your position of being confused and if you keep at it, you should eventually get it.

To understand computer programming, you must have good logic. For that, you can start doing several exercises or take logical tests. So that your logic can become strong. After that, you can learn programming online. There are several websites like that available on the internet. You can read the full details at https://safetricks.org/websites-to-learn-programmi... These will help you in understanding programming logically with examples.

Hi. As the top Answerer said, Youtube has a large selection of vids to help out opeople where You are, & where You aren't yet to figure out Python / PyCharm.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pycha...

The beauty of Youtube is that You can watch all the vids as many times as You need to to get all the details right.

G'Luck!!!

• Chris

PyCharm is just a fancy text editor. "It makes no sense" isn't really helpful to understand where exactly you are stuck. The basic idea is to create a new *.py file, put some basic code in it, then click the Play button or select the command from the menu that runs the program.

Writing a simple python program is indeed simple, as you can see here: https://ideone.com/BQEXov

The only slightly not simple thing about this example program is that it inserts the value of the sum variable into the text, where the %d integer placeholder is.

Buying books to learn how to write programs is only useful if you for some reason cannot use the tons of material that is available online, for free: https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonPro...

I never understood it well until I did acid.

• Hank9 months agoReport

Hilarious...........

• keerok

Suggestions? Starting tomorrow, leave your phone at home before going to school.

• Hank9 months agoReport

That's not helpful.

• EddieJ

Let's start with a quiz.

What is PyCharm?

• VP

Pycharm's whole name is: JetBrains Pycharm Community Edition -- and it's a Python IDE.

You can't code referencing back to your textbook?? They had us do something simple. At least to start out. Such as print your name & address. Are they making you do something more difficult than this??

I have a comp sci degree & work as a mainframe pgmr/analyst.

• Lv 7

i would start with something simpler, like HTML and CSS.

each code language is literally a language. you tell the computer what you want done, in what order, and add "conditional" statements, to do x if y...

once you see it as a language, and see some examples of what CAN be done, it should get easier.

if not, perhaps coding is not for you...

• .

I'm not sure if this will help, but when my oldest son was a freshman CS major, he paid for a subscription to coding academy.