How do I understand computer programming?

Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I have no idea how to use PyCharm. It makes no sense and I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know the codes, thus meaning I cannot process everything I am being taught. Should I purchase a... show more Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I have no idea how to use PyCharm. It makes no sense and I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know the codes, thus meaning I cannot process everything I am being taught. Should I purchase a PyCharm book online to help me understand the program? Any suggestions?
Update: Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I don't really know how to use PyCharm. I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know hoe to do anything. I am starting to freak out and I wish I knew how to do things. My grade is plummeting... show more Okay, so I am not doing well in my computer programming class, and we are using PyCharm. I don't really know how to use PyCharm. I haven't been able to any of the assignments since I don't know hoe to do anything. I am starting to freak out and I wish I knew how to do things. My grade is plummeting because of all of this. Should I purchase a PyCharm book online to help me understand the program? Any suggestions?