Hi, Theres something that's been bugging me, I had keyhole surgery on monday and just wondering if it's still possible to get pregnant.?

I only have one fallopian tube as I had an eptopic a long time ago and the surgeon who did the surgery on monday didnt really tell me much (or I was still dazed)

She told me she had unblocked my fallopian tube and when asked if I could still have kids she never said yes or no, she just said I would properly need help.

I'm just wondering if anyone has has this kind of response before and still conceived children naturally,

I understand were not doctors but any advice would be appreciated. I have my follow up appointment when it comes through the door but until then I'm hoping my chances havnt gone completely.

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When you go back for follow up doctor visit, ask again.  Ask how to test for ovulation. 

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Did you not ask the doctor and surgeon etc what the prognosis for your body in general and for your chances of conceiving are? They are the people who know your body - we, thousands of miles away, do not.

• Sophie1 month agoReport

John p obv I did hence why I wrote that in the description whilst also stating I know we are not doctors, I was asking if anyone had been through the same and still conceived. So that you for your very useless answer. You really helped and made me feel so much better.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not really following the question. Exactly what surgery was done? If the surgery was specifically to unblock your remaining tube, and she unblocked it, then it sounds like the surgery worked as intended. (And if she said you would 'still probably need help' -- meaning IVF -- I'm not clear why you had the surgery in the first place if unblocking the tube would not solve the problem.

You definitely need to talk more with your doctor about what was done, why it was done, and your future outlook.

• Sophie1 month agoReport

I'm was just wondering if anyone had been through similar and still conceived naturally. The surgery was because I was bleeding every two weeks and they wanted to check for endormitise or something like that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

< if it's still possible to get pregnant >

< she never said yes or no, she just said I would properly need help >

Probably is not no so yes, there's a chance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kerri
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

As long as you have a healthy ovary, tube and uterus then you can still conceive

Source(s): Nurse
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.