Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 8 months ago

what can this woman do in a case like this?

this woman worked in a Bank as a processing Officer/ cashier and also has a degree..however finding a new job is difficult so she decided to clean peoples homes to earn a living...when clients find out that she worked in a bank and has a degree...they reject her and does not use her cleaning service.....what could be the logic for that response?

When I hire a professional to do a job for me, I want a professional who is fully dedicated to their business. I don't want someone who has a day job and is trying to do business on the side.

If she is fully dedicated to cleaning houses as a full time business, then her previous work and education shouldn't matter and shouldn't come up.

It could simply be the lack of experience. If she's only been doing it for a year or two then she isn't as qualified as someone who's been in the business for 10 years.

Or it could be that she's charging too much or not doing a good enough job.

How do you know that the reason she is not being used anymore is because of the degree and previous job?

Maybe she just sucks at cleaning...

My aunt (84yo) just hired a new cleaning person that her friend "raved" about. "I've been using her for 15 years".

Note to self: do not go to this lady's house because it must be filthy. The housekeeper is AWFUL. The place looks worse after she lives than when she comes. My aunt is not trying to figure out an excuse to get rid of her without making her friend suspicious.

Don't tell people... easy peasy..

• Jay

It is not the degree...it is her personality. Tell her to read the dale Carnegie book - How to Win Friends and Influence People. She should probably read it twice