How does one stop drinking alcohol besides going to a program, does anyone believe they can be hypnotized to quit drinking?

That takes willpower you can quit as long as you're not dependent on it but if you're dependent on it then you need professional help. Because then it's reached a point where you've lost control over yourself. It takes willpower, determination, and a whole hell of a lot of self control. But to answer question within a question i don't believe you can be hypnotized to quit that's more of a personal choice.

You stop drinking alcohol if you want to

YOU are FALSE.

God's knowledge of the Bible is perfect, inerrant and infallible.

Belief in the Resurrection is a necessary condition for any Christian to be saved from God's wrath.

As attested by Romans 10:9 and 1 Corinthians 15:16-17.

Are you stupid?

• Betty

All you need is a strong will.

Alcohol is harmful for health.

try going to Saudi Arabia no alcohol there

Heinekin's Light Beer is about 60% as strong as a beer. Two or three of those per night before a good dinner will help the person realize that drinking is a habit, not an addiction. When you realize you are drinking for the taste you are halfway there.

I went cold turkey!

Just stopped drinking and going to the pub,

I don't have alcohol in the house any-more either.

It helps if you really want to give up.

Well, I gave up cigarettes by going to a hypnotist, but it might not work with alcohol. As a consultant, our firm was preparing a bid to provide comprehensive alcohol rehabilitation services for the City of New Orleans. I had an opportunity to work with the staff of Hazelden rehab in Minneapolis, the mother church of rehabilitation. The most significant fact I learned was that detox, or becoming alcohol free is not the key step in rehabilitation.

The thing that makes alcohol rehab work is disassociation from the group of friends the addict has, and the formation of new friendships and confidants. That is one of the key points of Alcoholics Anonymous that provides a sponsor/confidant and a new set of friends to support the recently sober. Bottom line, no matter what you use to quit, you're going to need supportive friends to stay off the sauce.

Good luck.

Honestly, I think going to AA is the very best thing to do. Why would you not want to do that?

That said, you can get the 1998 edition of Potatoes Not Prozac and read my thoughts there about stopping drinking. make sure to look for that edition. We took it out in the 2008 edition because people found it scary :)

Doing the food program outlined will help you get ready to stop drinking. While you are thinking about it, sneak into the back of an AA meeting. You might like it.

• Belly10 months agoReport

Well, I do believe everything depends on a person. I used to drink heavily and know for sure how hard it can be. I would recommend to check out this article about how to quit drinking https://addictionresource.com/alcohol/treatment/how-to-quit-drinking/ and be sure you can cope with all stages.