liam asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 9 months ago

Do you think the people interviewed by the media just out and about on the streets are fake actors reading a script?

I understand that everyone has their own political beliefs but in reality life I talk to a lot of people and none of them feel what is portrayed in the media. The media makes it seem like just a lil weird.

I work in local news and I can tell you that they definitely aren’t. If anything, trying to get people to talk to us on the streets is like pulling teeth. It’s called MOS (man on street) and it’s our last resort when officials or people directly related to a story can’t/won’t talk. A story without any form of sound from a person is something local news tries to avoid. I can’t speak for bigger news markets, but I assume they also don’t pay for actors. In fact, they probably have tons of people willing to talk because they are known on a bigger platform. People are more willing to speak when they recognize the journalist. They probably wouldn’t have to pay a penny because they can just interview people until they get the opinions they want.

Hope that answers your question!

Possible. However, highly likely he/she is talking on his/her own opinions. Nevertheless, that would be only one opinion which does not support the whole views of the society. Nowadays, populism and separatism are deeply infecting the society; and causing a great diversity of viewpoints among citizens. Since only one opinion will be implemented, citizens has to compromise themselves to fit into that final implementation, leading to a great rebell force, especially from those suffering from Anti-social Personality Disorder due to the long term rejection by the government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personali...

The media cherry picks the "interviews" they conduct which typically mirror their opinions or the footage is great sensationalism.

Journalism historically reports a slanted view of a topic, often regardless of it's accuracy.

• No

This is just one of those stupid things people say when they have no idea what kind of budget actual news services have. It is far too easy to get dopes to speak on camera for no other reason than they might be on tv.

Here is the reality. You're not normal and neither are your friends. Most of the people you yap at just agree because you're an unpleasant person and they want you to go away.

• John P

I have done "vox pop" interviews on the street as part of a BBC evening course on radio production. In my case at least, we interviewed people at random, no question of any sort of set-up. Two of us went out onto the railway station in Bath, Somerset, and on the streets and into a pub (where we only just escaped having to buy one of the locals a pint of beer as the price of his giving us an interview!). Later I did some interviews in Glasgow, where I happened to be on a brief work visit entirely unconnected with the course. There was no way that the person running the course could have known that I was going to Glasgow.

• Huh?

Unlikely. Actors would have to be paid while, with enough vox pops, a media outlet would be able to find quotes to back whatever line they want to push.

I have given a quote (once) to a reporter for a local radio station, although I don't know if it was used.

Yes, it's just like Question Time on BBC1. The sheep are carefully selected who conform to left wing ideology. On the rare occasion that vetting has failed and a member of the audience has spoken out, they have been unceremoniously ejected by security guards which is why I stopped watching it.

That's Truth number 12 of of the contemporary conspiracy theory suite. It gets extended into school shootings which will never have happened, and then pushed further into The Mandela Effect.

Several years ago when I worked in the industry and did Vox Pops most people would decline. Perhaps one in 10 of the clips would get used.

• Satan

I think some of them are - others, no.

• gerald

its all rigged and often set up you see what they want you to see in real life be honest there would be much more sensational events they never expected wouldn't there come on