Where can I get hdd connector for hp 15t laptop?

I have an hp 15t da100 laptop I recently bought. I tried to install a hdd but the is no connector for it. Does anyone know where I can find the right connector for it

search amazon or ebay you can find anything there

• Lv 7

ebay is your friend for rare parts.

• Norm F

Well the 15t series is made in the Pavilion and envy models and are different

It seems you are talking about Envy series. I cannot see anything about a hard drive interface but if there is one it should just plug in.

A 2TB 2.5" (if it is a 2.5") form Factor hard drive may be slightly thicker than the smaller data ones because of an extra platter.

If what I have said is true then you will have to buy an external case for it.

On SOME, not all laptops, the only way to add a second hard disk is to remove something. If you have an optical drive, then you could get an adapter to hold the hard disk and put it in where the optical drive is taken out. Check the support webpage for your laptop, or search with Google how to replace.

You can use any hard disk with a laptop if you buy a USB disk enclosure for your model hard disk. That is all that can be suggested from your information which was almost nothing.

some laptops have a gender bender if thats what you mean. but looking at your manual the only internal cable would be for connecting an SSD. This should never have been removed, although if it never originally came with an ssd they might not have fitted one but i doubt it. maybe you are trying to fit an ssd into the wrong place. have a look at the manual.

Are you trying to replace the drive already in the computer with the one you bought? Then if it won't connect you bought the wrong one.

Or are you trying to use the one you bought as an extra drive? In that case find an external "caddy" that will take it and connect it by usb. It's very unlikely there is room in the laptop to fit one infernally.

It seems, sir, that you've purchased the wrong type of hard drive for your laptop. It appears that you've bought one of the older IDE (PATA) hard disk drives that uses a wide connecting cable, rather than the SATA type which your laptop requires.

I'm afraid the ONLY way you're going to be able to use that hard disk drive with your laptop is by purchasing an external case, which will connect via a USB lead. (You'll find that the external enclosure comes under different names, such as hard drive caddy, etc.)

I'm afraid there's no cable available for you to use the present hard disk drive internally as laptops don't have enough room available to fit both a hard disk drive and an adapter to convert from IDE (PATA) to SATA.

• Robert R3 months agoReport

No I bought the laptop with a m2 ssd, but I want to install a second drive a regular 2tb SATA drive. The laptop has space for the drive but no hard drive connector