Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 9 months ago

question for meateaters?

does it bother you at all that when you shop for meat (or animal products) that you are paying someone to torture and kill innocent animals for you?

Does it bother you that the average meateater is responsible for the torture and death of about 98 animals a year?

How do you live with yourself? Just curious?

Will choose a best answer

wait.....hold up you think meat eaters kill more animals then vegan do??!?! you really need to do your research. I was vegan for the animals too. I hated meat eaters, hunters, etc too. but I was wrong when the vegan community brainwashed me with their bull crap. Peta and other animal activist groups pay people big bucks to torture the animals for their propaganda. Also as a biology major, NO ANIMAL OR HUMAN IS VEGAN! we all humans and animals thrive on meat, and have been for centuries.

if the vegan diet is the best, why do every vegan take supplements? all meat eaters i know dont take supplements because thats the way we suppose to eat. It took me a long time to break my 6.5 years of not eating meat, but everything made sense when going back to meat. veganism is not natural, there is no group or study that proved vegans/vegetarians live longer or are the healthiest. go buy some grass fed meat locally and you will never go back to veganism.

Source(s): ex-vegan and PROUD MEAT EATER
  • patty

I don't like the idea of animals in pain when they are killed.

• Star_of_Darkness

Then stop eating since millions are buried alive, ground up and worse so you can eat plant

No, not at all. All that matters is how it tastes and how much it costs.

It must bother YOU a whole lot, if you feel the need to spread non-truths. You would believe that catching a fish on a hook and taking it out of the water and then cutting its head off and stripping the guts out of it and washing it so I could eat it to be torture. I do not. I see it as a necessity in being able to eat fish. I have never hunted, but if I did, I would be cleaning and butchering whatever I took, in order to eat it. I know people that do this. And I know that the meat I buy at the local butcher shop is not sourced from tortured animals, it is sourced from animals that were well-fed and cared for, because animals that are not tend not to taste as good. I don't eat meat, any meat, the comes from outside the US, with the exception of Australian lamb - which I know is produced humanely.

You just don't like the idea of people eating meat. So why don't you just say it and move on with your life and let others enjoy their lives without you passing judgment on them? Which is more torturous and brutal? Raising a cow from a calf, feeding it yourself, having all of the kids take part in feeding and cleaning up after and caring for it? Teaching them to have respect for the animals that will provide sustenance for them? That's what my brother and his family did on their small piece of land in the country, growing most of their own vegetables, and for several years, raising a beef cow every year to keep the freezer stocked.

Or a pack of wild hyenas or lions or tigers stalking a herd of water buffalo and isolating one or more from the herd and wounding it while it fought for its life until they finally killed it and tore it apart? Humans don't do that.

I live with myself just fine.

• Todd

Really don't care about best answer one bit. Here's the problem with this question. You say torture and kill. Have you actually seen how farm animas (livestock) live other than weird propaganda? If you drive through the c, all you see are happy cows bathing in the sun, eating grass, and occasionally hiding in the shade, chewing their cud yeah, that's torture. I would say for them, it's more like a resort. Shelter, no to little problems with predation.

Do I feel bad? Not one bit. You guys see it in a very obtuse way. You want to see a production when in actuality the animas are treated very well. If they weren't, there would be a bad end product.

Bottom line: I don't feel bad. The animals get to live happy lives. Places where they don't are being shut down little by little.

• Clive

How do you live with yourself when you write such total rubbish about farming? How do you live with yourself being such an ignorant fool? How do you live with your anger problems?

• me

How do you live without knowing that you can't answer questions on yahoo answers with more questions???

• Daisy

Farmers/ranchers don't torture animals.

They are in business (and is a business) to make money. Content animals grow better, gain weight faster and produce better meat than stressed animals.

I live in a rural area, see cows, chickens and hogs every day. They are not tortured or abused.

So, no, it doesn't bother me to buy meat.

Nah, not bothered at all that I financially support animal slaughter to feed myself and my meat eating pets. My dog gets so excited when she knows she's about to get a raw meaty bone (Kangaroo is her favourite) and my cat will get so impatient while I'm dishing up her raw meal that she would try to eat it before it's even all in her dish if I didn't stop her to wait.

Buying and eating meat does not bother me at all. And trying to manipulate me through my emotions is not going to work. Eating meat is a good thing. You're not going to convince me of anything, because I ain't buying what you are saying. I'm a straight man. I prefer to be manly. I have no desire to be a soy boy. With the exception of cats and dogs, (most) animals don't matter. Cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and fish are food. That's why they exists. And if you don't like it, tough.

• Oh I sleep just fine.