promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
c_patrice asked in SportsCycling · 9 months ago

wear bike shorts and or bike bibs as underwear?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Yes to bibs!! Its more hygienic as it allows sweat to wick quicker. No moisture is kept around your private parts and stop the build up of sweat, germs and smells!!

An alternative if you don't want the padding is SAXX Pants, they do the same thing due to the design and materials used.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

I wear bibs only now. I used to wear cycling shorts for years and they are fine. I changed to bibs back in 2007 because that is what was part of our team kits. I was hooked. I only wear bibs now when riding- racing or not. Either way, the riding shorts/bibs have a chamois that is anti-bacterial. Wearing underwear would stop the effectiveness of the padding. You are to go commando. your private parts will thank you later. As for wearing them as underwear; It you're not riding or not planning to, don't wear them.

• D50
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

You mean wear the shorts the usual way without underwear? Then wear pants or another pair of shorts over the bike shorts? You can do it, sure. But why would you want to?

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I don't, you can if you want to.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

If bike shorts/bibs/tights have a pad, you don't need to wear additional underwear. The pad is the underwear. Conversely, unpadded ones should probably be used with an extra layer underneath.

• 9 months ago

Your question is somewhat vague; I'm not sure where you're wanting to go with it. Perhaps you should provide more information and use the Edit icon to move your question to the Beauty & Style>>Fashion & Accessories section.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • 9 months ago

Buzz Lightyear describes Yahoo Answers to Woody.

Attachment image
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

thats up to you what you want to wear

• 9 months ago

i never seen bike bib, but i think i want to see. bib your junk, bro.... and send me photo ;)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.