Why do I have vivid dreams?

Basically I have been having vivid dreams almost every night for over a year, they can be really good or sometimes really scary more of a nightmare I’m stuck in and others are just plane strange, like I can’t even make this stuff up they’re so weird. They’re mentally draining I never get a rest as my mind is awake all through the night. When I wake up I can recall these dreams fully and I may have upto 10 in one night which are all completely different however I wake up between each one sometimes with cold sweats and it’s getting really draining. Also I had sleep paralysis a few weeks ago, does anyone know why this could be :(

Hmm.. could be the result of excessive self-stimulation.....?

These strong and overpowering dreams at night might be showing you what kind of reality you are actually living in, when awake. So instead of dwelling on your dreams, take a good look at what is happening to you in real Life. Maybe these dreams are trying to alert you to something else going on in your waking Life. With a little concentration you might be able to figure out what the emotional cause is, and fix it, and then these awful dreams will lesson for you and finally disappear.

I think the dream could be your mind's way of attempting to dismantle some emotional substructures in your life but something is blocking their full immersion into your mind so that you are being healed in some way but do not realize it

maybe you should ask your doctor about it

I get sleep paralaysis sometimes. I snap right out of it whenever I say the Lords prayer in my head. You should try it. When I get to the part of the prayer that says diliver us from evil my entire body always sahakes vigerously. It's crazy, but I can't deny it. Once I said that part over and over again and when I did my body shook like crazy. I've seen some crazy things in that state which I know it's not what the doctors say it is. The fist time it happened to me. I was laying on my bed and I had a mirrow on my wal next to my pillow and my tv was on. I was facing the mirror with my eyes open and I could see chucky ws on my tv. It was on TNT I remember I was watching a basket ball game earlier before I fell asleep. I thought I was dead because I couldn't move but I could hear and see the movie playing in the mirror next to my bed. That was CRAZY! Then I could hear sirens driving down the street so I though oh my goodness this must be what it's like when you're dead but then long after giving up trying to fight my way out I eventually snapped out of it, but after it happened again as soon as I said the Lords prayer in my mind I started shaking and when I got to the end of the prayer I break lose from it. God is real. Jesus is real. The Spiritual world is real. I have no doubt about that. I can even feel when I'm about to be taken over by it. Its a spiritual thing. I believe Spirits are the ones that are causing you to fall into this state. They feel like vibrations and electricity. Once while I was in that state I said Jesus help me and bam I snapped out of it. God has done many interesting things for me so I repented of my sins and gave my life to Him.

Why do I have vivid dreams?