What else besides a blown head gasket would cause coolant/oil to mix looking like a milkshake?bad plugs,ect, thermostat?05honda civic?

Sounds like gasket to me. Not a difficult repair buy you need the right tools. Depending on the car, you don't even need to take it out.

• hart

Your milkshake is a Crack in Cylinder head

you need to replace the head

• P & W3 months agoReport

More likely with an AL head, warped. Maybe not even that. My Toy overheated, did not even blow HG. Lucky.

Not much else.

Why this "phobia" about head gasket? I guess there is some snake oil sealant that might work for a little while,

The HG on your Civic isn't that big a deal. You may want head pressure tested and shaved. Draw filing does a good job. Replace timing belt. If no machining needed, U can do it in an afternoon.If you can't, get a learned friend, buy the beer, fry the burgers.

Nothing to do with the spark plugs...

No way around it. I would get a mechanic to check this

No way around it, blown headgasket.

most likely a head gaskit

• don r

Usually, the gasket fails and that happens, but in extreme situations, such as filling cold water into an overheated engine without it running can crack the cylinder head and possibly the block. Freezing an engine can crack the block and head.

Nothing else. Put a used motor in it.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

i would get a mechanic to check it out

• P & W3 months agoReport

At Least new HG. Probably needs close inspection of head for water erosion, warpage.