elliepenelly asked in HealthOptical · 11 months ago

eye question?

i see yellow flashes out my right eye and grey curtin like over my eye and black floaters. i went to eye dr he said the retina is not detached and its just my age and i should come back in 3 weeks to make sure its not still happening. he treated me like im a hypochondriac but this stuff is still happening.

5 Answers

  • 11 months ago
    Favourite answer

    Did you go to an ophthalmologist or an optometrist? An ophthalmologist is an MD who can do eye surgery and is usually better skilled than an optometrist, who is NOT a physician.

    Over the last four years, I have had this phenomenon from time to time. My ophthalmologist said it was a minor neurological disorder in the eye, and is not serious.

  • 11 months ago

    I have floaters too. My eye MD isn't worried about it either. Apparently it just happens with age and unless one really impairs vision the MDs would rather just let floaters go.

  • abdul
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

    Maybe you should consider seeing a different eye doctor for a 2nd opinion on this situation. It sounds rather serious to me.

  • 11 months ago

    I would seek a second opinion from another eye Dr. Be sure it is an ophthalmologist, not an optometrist.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 11 months ago

    I have that happen to me sometimes too and there’s nothing wrong with my eyes. I’m 20 years old. If you’re really concerned, I would go back to another doctor and get a 2nd opinion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.