Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 10 months ago

I'm 27, 260 lbs and I smoke a pack a day, how much longer do you think I can go on like this before it catches up to me?

I've tried losing weight and quitting smoking, but it's hard.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

already too late, dude. you're in, sorry

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Ketogenic diet.

And they do make disposable electronic cigarettes, if you want to try those. I smoke Puff Bars and they are cheaper than cigarettes. $5.49 each on Electric Tobacconist website. One is supposed to be the equivalent of a pack of cigs, but one lasts me a couple days.

• 10 months ago

im pretty sure you re already dead if you weigh over 13 tons

• Sam
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

27,260 lbs. that is very heavy. He needs to go job some ;)

• ron h
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

damage is being done now, it'll become noticeable in 20 years, 10 if you drink a lot along with smoking. (Smoking also causes bladder cancer)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

20 years...………………………..

• 10 months ago

it would be a guess

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Actually, it caught up with you the first time you took a drag from a cigarette. The tar and other chemicals in the tobacco and the 'paper' wrapping around it started clogging your lungs and damaging your heart and other organs whilst the nicotine started making you an adict.

Get help from one of the many 'stop smoking' clinics that are now available to you.

• 10 months ago

You won't live much past 50

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

you are already dead RIP

say goodbye to your wife and kids

get the tombstone ready and call the undertaker

to take your measurements

• Sam
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

he could drop dead at any moment. maybe he did ;( so sad

• 10 months ago

It's probably already caught up to you more than you know - depending on how tall you are, and your level of physical fitness that might only be slight obesity - or gross obesity.

The damage that smoking does is so incremental that you usually don't notice as you have less lung capacity, which translates directly to less physical capability - in addition to the other problems that nicotine (and the countless other chemicals in cigarettes) cause.

My suggestion is to take three cigarettes out of a pack and put them someplace warm and dry. Get a pipe and some tobacco, and when the urge to smoke hits, pack the pipe and take a few puffs (you don't actually have to inhale - as it is much stronger).

Do this for a few weeks - and if, at any time, you feel an overwhelming urge to smoke cigarettes, go find the cigs you put out, which will be stale by that point - and hotbox them until you throw up.

Weaning yourself off the pipe is much easier - as it is harder to just whip out and light up.

• Blonde
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Losing weight is the biggest issue...if you can stash cigarettes in a far away place, to cut down, like in the trunk of your car...that would be best. Try.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sam
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Whoever said that blonde's are dumb, was wrong. The asker needs to give you the best answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.