Could you endure racing across America on a four horse driven stagecoach?

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

I'm sure i can. I've taken a stage in Tombstone, AZ and the Old Tucson (Movie) studios. And, I ride a Harley almost every day on these awful Pima County roads.

My father actually moved from KS to Nevada, MO (pr: Nee--VAY-duh) in the '20's in a Conestoga Wagon.

• 2 months ago

Only as far as Toad Suck Arkansas, then I'd have to get off.

(Always wanted to go there)

• 2 months ago

endure? as in survive that kind of trip because I had no choice? Probably, as long as food, water and pit stops scheduled would be no real problem as passenger. Might even be able to help with horses, I learned to drive couple big Belguims before I learned to drive car, wagon and mowers, disc garden. 20 to 30 miles in stages, then change teams for fresh, get back to trotting steady for another stage. Couple weeks/month cross country depending on route

• 2 months ago

Nope..................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If there is a stagecoach somewhere that is making the trip, I surely would try to just for the experience of it all. It would be a wonderful thing to do.

• P & W2 months agoReport

I've taken stages in Tombstone and Old Tucson Studios. A lotta fun.

• 2 months ago

Not me. I would not ride around the block in one.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. I would take the Interstate Hwy (seeing as you phrased the question...I assume you mean today) so the paved roads are all in place and towns exist everywhere along the way and the local natives have got other things to do, like crack open a beer and laugh as I pass by. It is going to take a long time as I would have to drive in the really slow lane.

. Or maybe load the horses and coach on a train and ride across as the railroad is already laid down...from BugTussle to Hooterville, to Beverly Hills, California.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Could I? Maybe....

But I would have no reason to try. If I need to get across the US, my preference would be to fly.

• 2 months ago

No. Unless there was tons of booze on the wagon I'd probably only last an hour before I'd get tired of it.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think so - how much will you be paying me to do this?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.